When changing the hair on a bow, it really helps to add a small relief cut to the underside of the plugs that insert into the frog and tip. This tool is meant specifically for that task.
If you have a special piece of wood you’d like me to make something out of, or if you’d like the handle to be a different shape, just send me a message and we will work something out.
- Meant for cutting a small trough on the underside of the plugs when rehairing violin bow.
- Overall length is right around 5.5”
- Handles are roughly 3” long, 1.5” in diameter at their widest point.
- High carbon steel bit extends 2.5″
- Ground flat on 1 side to prevent rolling.
- Polished copper ferrule