A few years ago, my dad mentioned that he wanted a lap steel guitar since the age of 13, when he first heard Santo & Johnny's Sleepwalk. So, for his 68th birthday I made him one. Since then I've made quite a few more, and have stumbled across a distilled design that I am quite pleased with.
The following specifications are not set in stone. So, if you'd like a particular scale length, string spacing, control layout, etc...just let me know.
- Body, knobs, cavity covers, bridge, and pickups are all made from the same piece of wood.
- Nut and Saddle: Grooved and Polished Stainless Steel Bar.
- Tuners: Schaller Mini M6
- Pickups: AllWood neodymium humbuckers; Bridge resistance is 9.5k, Neck is 6.5k
- Pickup Selector: 500k blender pot
- Potentiometer(s): CTS 500k
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Scale: 23.5"
- String Spacing: 10mm
- Weight: ~6 lbs
Starting at $900